Some things I’m thinking about and playing with.
- Migrate the Design pages to notes
- Allow for private notes (as opposed to just private sections in a note) Important
- Maybe even private directories? This would be great for the daily folder, possibly others.
- Backlinks from private notes shouldn’t be shown
- Links to private notes should be redacted in some way
- Backlinks should include some contextual content, ideally a couple of sentences.
- Question Should there be another kind of navigation layered on top of notes? An index of all notes, or tag or folder listing
- Ability to use the same structured content in multiple notes.
- Ability to bind structured data to another name in a template.
- Should mentions have a specific styling, possibly similar to private block placeholders?
- Add a shortcut syntax for
- Stop using
::afterfor anything that should appear in plain text.
- Use an audit step to warn about too-long
alttext strings (150ish seems like a good upper bound)
- Improve mobile and tablet reading
- Stop scaling the viewport to 80% on mobile
- Support 1024w as a multi column layout
- Rationalize the
- Prefer using
- Consider a 12-column grid?
- Consider adjusting container widths so columns are whole integer widths?
- Prefer using
- Need a better way of attaching captions to images, so that I don’t have to write single line HTML for reasons. Important
- Support vector diagrams, and run the colors through the site’s color palette Important
- Diagrams need to know about scale, in order to render hairlines at an appropriate width
- Process figures in parallel, to speed up building pages with lots of images
- Cleanup Clean up the filter system.
- Filters may apply to light mode content too.
- Cleanup Remove the video subsystem until it can be revisited?
- Question When a task links to a note, should the backlink be marked up in a special way? Or perhaps it should go the other way: tasks on Notes should be aggregated into the Todo note?
- Question Do placeholder notes generate task items automatically?
- Bug Items without authors should be sorted by their title in bibliography listings
- Bug The external link icon for archive links are too small (inheriting the size of the archive URL)
- Informal citation style improvements
- Include containers
- Include notes
- Bug Why are the person and cite parser rules conflicting?
- Adopt bibliographic content warning system for pages
- Option to suppress the replacement notice
- Low Table style with tall braces around
- A sans-serif style for tables that benefit from quicker reading / scanning (rather than looking nice)
- Optical margin alignment for body text.
- Cleanup Metrics for monospaced code blocks should be calculated from fonts instead of hardcoded
- Add additional spacing around quoted “CAPITALS” Low
- Question Is inline code disrupting the line height of text?
- Consider migrating away from Apache, since it’s all just static files with some other rules
- Run stylesheets through an optimization pass
- Question Consider pre-compressing resources with Zopfli and Brotli
- Question Does this make sense for all HTML files too? Or just e.g. CSS?
- Get rid of Moment.js and use built-in types
- Bug Ingredients should be in an
ul, since there’s an implied order to the their use?
- Bug Ingredients should not spread out to the height of the group when the steps are longer (may need a container element to take up space in the parent grid’s layout)
- Implements should use the
span.nameelement for a consistent structure?
- Make prep steps stand out more. Maybe they get some kind of label?
- Consider Barlow for subrecipe headers, to match the step numbers.
- Make subrecipe sections stand out more somehow? (background color?)
- Group recipe sections into a wrapper element to eliminate the
- Recipes should print nicely (using the grid style, probably).
- Additional kinds of content
- Recipe description
- Notes that apply to the recipe rather than a single step